Marinade your chicken for anything from 2-24 hours for a yummy alternative to chicken tikka.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- Chicken breast or thigh, skinless and boneless, cut into 2 inch chunks (800g)
- 75g fresh coriander, blitzed in a food processor
- 1 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 green chilli paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large mixing bowl mix all the masala ingredients except the butter.
Rub the mixture all over the chicken and leave to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours up to 24 hours
Skewer the chicken onto wooden or metal skewers (remember to soak wooden ones in water for a few hours)
Heat your grill to the highest setting and cook for about 20 minutes (or until the juices run clean when pierced with a knife)
Once cooked pour over the melted butter, sprinkle with coriander and serve with naan and a mint chutney or my kebab shop chilli sauce (see recipe)
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!