This is one of my favourite chicken dishes and super quick to make. I like to use skinless chicken wings but you can use any cut you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time as needed.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Ingredients for curry
- 100ml oil (rapeseed is best)
- 50g butter
- 1.5 tablespoons grated ginger (35g)
- 1.5 tablespoons crushed garlic (35g)
- 1 tablespoon green chilli paste
- 15 chicken wings skinned or 450g chicken breast or thigh cut into 3 inch chunks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 teaspoons whole cumin, roasted in a dry pan for 5-10 minutes
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 sticks cinnamon (1 inch pieces)
- 6 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Half a teaspoon turmeric
- Half a teaspoon ground cloves
- Half a teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the whole cloves, cinnamon and peppercorns. Let them sizzle for a few seconds before adding the whole cumin
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry until the oil separates and the raw smell has gone. Keep the heat gentle so that the pastes don’t burn
- Next add the chicken and turn the heat up. Keep stirring until all the chicken has changed colour
- Add the salt, green chilli, ground cumin and pepper. Cook for a few minutes before adding the butter
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (If you are using just chicken breast, the cooking time will be much shorter).
- Towards the end of the cooking time, add the lemon juice, sprinkle in the ground cloves and cinnamon
- Sprinkle the fresh coriander just before serving.
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!