PREP TIME 30 minutes
COOK TIME 45 minutes
YIELD: 8 SERVINGS
You will need a large shallow pot to cook the meat. Preferably one with a tight fitting lid!
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons each of grated ginger and garlic
- 1 cup fresh coriander finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons green chilli
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
Meatball gravy ingredients
- 2 large onions, finely diced
- 4-5 tomatoes finely diced
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Half a teaspoon red chilli
- 2 cups boiling water
2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons garam masala
Half a teaspoon each of ground clove and cinnamon
- Mix all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Using wet hands shape into little balls about the size of a golf ball. Lave these to marinade in the fridge for a few hours.
- Heat oil in a large pan and when hot, add the meatballs and fry until they are nicely browned all over.
- Remove to a plate to drain on some kitchen paper
- Using the same pan, add the onions and fry for about 20 mins until they are a deep golden brown
- Add the salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and fry for a few seconds before adding the fresh tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes until they have completely disintegrated.
- Add the water cook on a highish heat for about 10 minutes.
- When cool, blitz the tomato gravy using a hand blender or liquidiser
- Add the potatoes, butter and boiling water.
- Return the gravy to the pan, pop in your meatballs to warm through
- At the end of cooking time garnish with fresh coriander.
I like to serve Meatball curry with rotli and an onion salad on the side.
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!