This is a lovely easy dinner. Marinade the night before, pop into the oven an hour or so before dinner and voila, you have a yummy chicken curry, no cooking smells. Serve up with some naan or roti and a green salad.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 60 minutes
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- Chicken cut into 3-inch chunks. I try to use a mixture of thigh and breast. Drumsticks also add flavour. (1kg)
- 8 new potatoes, slit from both ends and par boiled for @ 20 mins
- 1 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Half a teaspoon turmeric
- In a large casserole dish mix all the masala ingredients except the butter and oil.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken and then drizzle over the oil and dot the butter on top. Nestle the par boiled new potatoes around the chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for about 1 hour on 160 degrees
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!