This is my son’s all-time favourite spinach dish.
PREP TIME 20 minutes
COOK TIME 40 minutes
YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
- 500g washed spinach
- 225g paneer cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1.tsp grated ginger
- 1tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbs green chilli paste
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbs double cream
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 50ml oil (rapeseed is best)
- Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and fry the cubes of paneer until they are golden brown
- Remove the paneer from the pan using a slotted spoon, and leave to drain on some kitchen paper
- In the remaining oil, add the cumin seeds and let them splutter for a few seconds before adding the onions
- Fry until they are golden brown, then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli
Fry for a few minutes then add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric, ground cumin and coriander.
Let the tomatoes sizzle for a few minutes before adding the spinach. Let the spinach wilt, then cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
Let the spinach cool for a while, then blitz using a hand blender or food processor.
Add the cooked paneer to the pan and warm the dish through before tucking in with a nice roti!
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!