Marinade your lamb for anything from 4-24 hours for yummy authentic seekh kebabs. You can cook these on a barb-e que or under the grill!
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 20 minutes
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- 400g lamb mince
- 1 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Half a cup mint leaves chopped for garnish
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground corriander
- 2-3 teaspoons green chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large mixing bowl mix all the masala ingredients except the butter and mint Knead the mixture well and transfer to the fridge to marinade for 4-24 hours.
Shape the kebabs onto skewers using wet hands.
Heat your grill to the highest setting and cook for about 15 minutes, turning regularly to cook all sides
Once cooked pour over the melted butter, sprinkle with chopped mint leaves and serve with naan and a mint chutney or my kebab shop chilli sauce (see recipe).
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!