Marinade your chicken for anything from 2-24 hours for yummy authentic tandoori chicken! The red colour will come from the chilli powder and not from food colouring.
PREP TIME 15 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
YIELD: 6-8 SERVINGS
- Chicken on the bone. A mixture of thighs and drumsticks skinned and slashed to the bone. (1kg)
- 1 tablespoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (amchur)
- Half a teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
In a large casserole dish mix all the masala ingredients except the butter.
Rub the mixture all over the chicken and leave to marinade for a minimum of 2 hours up to 24 hours
Heat your grill to the highest setting and cook for about 20 minutes (or until the juices run clean when pierced with a knife)
Once cooked pour over the melted butter, sprinkle with coriander and serve with naan and a mint chutney or my kebab shop chilli sauce (see recipe)
Are you interested in a step-by-step masterclass on how to cook this recipe? Please fill out the form below and I'll be in touch!